Last month, Celery & Cupcakes turned 7 years old. I can’t quite believe that I’ve blogged for this long or the fact that it’s now my full-time job. It’s crazy where your passions and dreams can take you and if someone had told me 10 years ago that I would be doing this to pay my mortgage and put food on the table I would have laughed in their face.
I started the blog when I began studying for my Ph.D. in neurobiology. It was a way to escape the scientific world and indulge my creativity, passion for wellbeing an online journal of my own path back to a balanced life after a disordered relationship with food. The more I blogged the more I fell in love with it. Yes, there have been some low points, times when I have thought about packing it all in, but these fade into insignificance when I think about all the happiness that it has brought me.
Like me, my blog has been on quite a journey and has evolved into something quite different from when it started. I wouldn’t even call it a health blog anymore, but a wellbeing blog exploring aspects of self care, self love, body positivity, mindfulness and living to inspire women to find their own version of balance.
If your interested in diving in deeper into these topics, you can get your free Essential Balance Guide here.
At the moment, I feel like I’m on the verge of something fresh – new doors are opening for me and I’m excited to cross the threshold. Not only am I aligning my heart with my work by pursuing a health coaching course, but I’m collaborating with my blogging wife Karen to launch something amazing (more details coming soon!).
I’m truly thankful for the universe bringing blogging my way and the doors that it has opened for me. I’m deeply passionate about doing what you love and I’m without a doubt doing that. I have so much gratitude for my work and the connections that I’ve made over the years. It truly has been amazing!
Finally, I would like to say a massive heartfelt thank you to you, my readers who have supported this me and this blog through our many transformations and stuck by us when I’ve made mistakes lost my way and not felt worthy to even be doing this as a career. Your emails, messages, and comments mean the world to me and to be told that my blog has helped or inspired you in someway lifts my heart and keeps me going through those grey days when I’m not really feeling it. So, thank you!
I’ve felt rather nostalgic this past week and looked back at some of my blog posts and I wanted to share some of my favourites with you:
- My Self Care Toolkit For When I’m Feeling Out Of Balance
- Embracing Hygge – simple ideas to live well on a budget
- Being ‘selfish’ – the most selfless act you can do for yourself
- 5 Easy Ways to Make Space For Self Care
- 10 Ways To Practice Self Care in 10 Minutes Flat
- Ditch The Diet Mentality & Feel Fabulous
- Self-Love: How to Love Yourself
- Soul Goals – how I aim to practise self love this year
- Battling With Mama Guilt – Personal Thoughts & Experiences
- 5 Ways to Love Your Body More This Summer
- Unlocking Your Authentic Self & Owning it!
- How to Find Balance as a New Mum
- 5 Steps to Better Work-Life Balance
- Seeking Balance – My Personal Journey With Exercise
- Miracle Mindset Shifts to Practice Balance Like a Boss
- Honest Thoughts On Weight Loss & Self Love
- Tracking Weight Loss Progress Without The Scales
- Feeling Like an Outsider In The Body Positive Movement
- Being Curvy, Imperfections & Body Image
- Learning to Re-love My Body Post-Pregnancy
- Crisis of Confidence – Why Size Isn’t Everything
Nourishing Wholesome Recipes
- Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos
- Organic Beetroot, Courgette & Feta Tart
- Peanut Sesame Noodle Salad
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
- Sweet Chilli Halloumi Mango Salad
- Turmeric & Coconut Smoothie